Next Week’s Featured Event
After hours on Leap Day, Strange Adventures will be hosting an exclusive, ladies only event featuring cupcakes, discounts, trivia, and prizes!
Faith Erin Hicks (Friends with Boys, The War at Ellsmere) and Jordyn Bochon (Spera) will be on hand for signings, and Tumblr’s own comic star Kate Leth will be there working her usual retail gig (but I’m sure she’ll be happy to sign her Locke & Key appearances and other merch!)
On Facebook, 119 ladies have already RSVP’d, how can you miss such a party? At the very least, go to piss off this guy. And bring your comics-curious friends!
Tuesday, February 28
- Newcastle, UK: Mary and Bryan Talbot will be discussing Dotter of Her Father’s Eyes at the Lit & Phil, 6:30pm GMT
- Lowell MA: Reception for “A Picture’s Worth: Contemporary Graphic Novel Artists” with Liz Prince & Veronica Fish at UMass Lowell, 3-5pm EST
Friday, March 2
- Roanoke VA: Danielle Corsetto will be giving a talk at Roanoke Library about cartooning and being a professional web cartoonist, 6pm-8pm EST.
Saturday-Sunday, March 3-4
- Austin, TX: The 8th annual Staple! Independent Media Expo is at Marchesa Hall and Theater. In attendance will be Liz Prince, MariNaomi, and Monica Gallagher.
Saturday, March 3
- NYC: Jennifer Cruté will be signing her book Jennifer’s Journal: The Life of a SubUrban Girl (and throwing a party with wine, champagne, and hors d’oeurves!) at the House of Art Gallery in Brooklyn, 6-10pm EST
Sunday, March 4
I went on Tumblr to send LadiesMakingComics a message about Ladies’ Night… Turns out, they already posted about it and I missed it like a dummy!
We’re all real stoked about this one. I just finished working on the gift bags for grownups and am now moving on to the all-ages ones. There will be cupcakes and Batwoman cookies, and I have some prints of my own to give away (if anybody’s interested).