All the strips on one site
Less funny, but shorter
The darkest timeline
T-shirts, totes, mugs and prints
Art, mini-comics and prints
COLUMNS / COMICS
My section of ComicsAlliance
PLEASE DO NOT SEND ME FAN MAIL through Tumblr's fan mail feature. It is very poorly-designed for responding to. E-mail me if you like! Thanks!
powered by Tumblr.
- Get a sign. A clear identifier of who you are, what your brand is. A banner, a table standee, whatever!
- Stand at your table if nobody’s coming by. Be approachable! Be able to explain what it is you’re selling in a sentence or two.
- Have business cards or stickers with your web presence on it. Simple and free. An address, a twitter name. No phone numbers or personal emails.
- Don’t overcrowd your table with too many items. Have something that’s $1, something that’s $3, $5, $10, $15, etc. I find it helps. Some people come with tons of cash, some only have a couple bucks. Make sure those who only spend a little get a biz card. They might have money later on
- Accept credit/debit cards if you can. Square readers are good, I hear!
- Be polite and engaging. If you’re sketching, sketch on the table instead of your lap. Try and acknowledge everyone who comes to the table with a smile or a “hi!”. Don’t be too pushy.
- Have lots of change. I usually go to a show with about a $100 float in coins and $5 bills. You’ll need it, and it can help you make friends with table mates who may need change!
- Prepare. Will you need tape, elastics, envelopes, scissors, bags? Make it easy for the customers. A quick trip to the dollar store can save you lots of scrambling.
- Bring pens for signing. Sharpies are great, have silver or gold ones if your surfaces are dark. Personalize what you can, and ask people how to spell their names.
- Get creative with your displays! I’m bad at this, but I love seeing inventive setups. Fun tablecloths, earring hangers, shelves, etc!
- Be nice, but have a pleasant way to usher people along if need be. “Have you checked out _________’s table?” “What panels are you going to?”
- Know your prices, label things clearly. Sticky notes are great for this.
- Don’t undervalue your art!
- Have an awesome time!!
- fergusdrake likes this
- kgreference reblogged this from shaggyshan
- doublesidedpaperfriends reblogged this from nooo0000oodles
- shellytotter reblogged this from kateordie
- wrapdepollo reblogged this from kurinspire
- luminosity-curiosity likes this
- teacupfoxes likes this
- umetnica likes this
- fingernailscomic likes this
- adumar likes this
- jazzmaniandevil likes this
- roenk likes this
- deathbylore reblogged this from kateordie
- voodoojunkie reblogged this from kateordie
- subspacebaby reblogged this from kateordie
- subspacebaby likes this
- entitledopinion reblogged this from kateordie
- confusingwiring likes this
- alexaetc reblogged this from kateordie
- voodoojunkie likes this
- amylinesandcolour likes this
- lisabob419 likes this
- owlsbuttley likes this
- guseri likes this
- alchemyprime reblogged this from kateordie
- charkie978 likes this
- wynndeofol reblogged this from kateordie
- fannishcodex likes this
- cescherielemort likes this
- amber-raine likes this
- dorkboy likes this
- elevenbands likes this
- plasticmind likes this
- thewanceandfutureavatar likes this
- ogodsomanytutorials reblogged this from lunarflares
- suspicious-eleonora likes this
- underscoremacjagger likes this
- iknowwhereyoulive likes this
- starryskies-mountaineyes likes this
- eddiemonotone reblogged this from kateordie
- x17x42 likes this
- protagonistes likes this
- rinkyu likes this
- herostratusva reblogged this from anthemsoftheundesirable and added:
- ryanaircraft reblogged this from kateordie and added:
- anthemsoftheundesirable reblogged this from kateordie and added:
- ryanaircraft likes this
- startledmaggie likes this
- nihra reblogged this from torontocomics