All the strips on one site
Less funny, but shorter
The darkest timeline
T-shirts and prints
Art, mini-comics and prints
COLUMNS / ARTICLES
PLEASE DO NOT SEND ME FAN MAIL through Tumblr's fan mail feature. I will not read or respond to them. E-mail or Ask to get in touch. Thanks!
powered by Tumblr.
So I ask this guy, one of the first older-guys-in-relationships that I knew, tonight, why exactly it is that I’m only pursued by older-guys-in-relationships. Because hell, we were drunk, we hadn’t talked in years almost. So I ask. Why? And he says something to the effect of: guys, they have relationships. They have girlfriends and wives that make the bed. They help with dinner, they’re sweet. Guys like that. It’s nice, but it gets boring. To some, it gets boring. They see you, all dark eyes and blunt conversation, and they know you’re something else. You’re different, perverted I guess but not just that. Beautiful, but wild. Maybe it’s terrible, but you’re the girl they fantasize about. You’re not going to say no or I have a headache. They’ll remember you, but they’ll go back to their lives. You’re a taste of something they can’t take all of. Guys want to ravage you.
I’m not sure that helped.
I made a CD of all the songs my last boyfriend changed the meaning of. You know how some songs, you can’t listen to them after you break up? These are those songs. Listen to them and maybe then I can, too!
- “This Charming Man” - The Smiths
- “1901” - Phoenix
- “Like a Prayer” - Madonna
- “I’m Not Gonna Teach Your Boyfriend How To Dance With You” - Black Kids
- “Earth People” - Dr. Octagon
- “Frontier Psychiatrist” - The Avalanches
- “Nighttime/Anytime (It’s Alright)” - Constantines
- “Burning Down the House” - Talking Heads
- “This Year” - The Mountain Goats
- “Where The Wild Roses Grow” - Nick Cave ft. Kylie Minogue
- “The Fox in the Snow” - Belle & Sebastian
- “Way Over Yonder in the Minor Key” - Billy Bragg & Wilco
- “Sleeping, Waiting” - Dog Day
- “God Only Knows” - The Beach Boys”
- “I’m On Fire” - Bruce Springsteen
- “Sadie” - Joanna Newsom
- “It Never Changes to Stop” - The Books
- “Ampersand” - Amanda Palmer
- “I Thought You Were My Boyfriend” - The Magnetic Fields
- “Raincoat Song” - The Decemberists